Sensory Motor Therapy
Sensory Motor Therapy has a positive effect on attention, sequencing of skilled movement, memory and spatial orientation.
Sensory motor therapy is a “hands on” treatment given by therapists skilled in the facilitation of normal movement patterns which are basic for everyday activities such as bathing, dressing and eating as well as the more skilled demands of work and leisure.
Co-ordinated movement is incorporated into functional activities such as life skills, and can be reinforced with the use of closely monitored fitness, gym and pool programs.
Inter-Action Rehabilitation Inc.’s Physical and Occupational Therapists are skilled in:
Neurodevelopmental Treatment: NDT/Bobath
- Facilitation of normal movement patterns basic for every day activities
- Definitive hands on programs designed for each individual according to the treatment goals
- Balance and coordination in increasingly complex environments
Motor Learning and Motor Control
- Incorporating visual processing and the attentional demands of every day life into physical activities
Myofascial Release and Osteopathic Manual Therapy
- Improve postural symmetries
- Promote normal movement patterns
- Decrease pain
- Improve sleep
- Reflecting the demands of the work and home situation
- Designed by the treating therapist under the guidance of the fitness coach
- Improve strength and endurance
- Stretching and strengthening activities
- Improve balance, co-ordination and attention